This baked stuffed apple recipe make a simple but delightful warm dessert. This version by William Drabble uses blackberries, raisins and ground almonds for his filling but feel free to experiment with different ingredients. This is a great way to use apples when you have had a particularly good harvest.
- 6 ea Granny Smith Apples or similar
- 4 oz Fresh blackberries
- 3 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 tsp Soft brown sugar
- 6 oz Golden raisins
- 4 oz Almonds - ground
- Whipping cream
- Core the apples completely through. Use a knife to score around the circumference of the apple, just piercing the skin.
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- With your fingers, mix together the butter, brown sugar, raisins and ground almonds in a bowl.
- Fill each apple to halfway with the almond mixture, then top with a couple of blackberries in the center.
- Bake the stuffed apples in the oven until soft, approximately 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with remaining blackberries and whipping cream if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!