Yields 48 approx
Lemon Spritz Cookies
35 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
47 minTotal Time
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 3/4 tsp Lemon extract
- 1 1/4 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Line a couple of large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the flour and lemon curd beating until blended.
- Next add the flour and beat in well.
- Fill a cookie press with a star tip or rosette disc. Pipe rosettes of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Make a small indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake until the edges just start to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- When ready to serve, place lemon curd in your cake decorating tool fitted with a medium round tip.
- Pipe a button of lemon curd into center of each cookie.