- 4 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Cups Granulated sugar
- 8 Ozs Butter unsalted
- 4 ea Eggs - large
- 1/3 Cup Limoncello
- 1 1/2 Tsp Lemon extract
- 1 Cup Pistachios - shelled
- 2 Tbsp Lemon zest
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator to soften for 30 minutes before you get started.
- To toast the pistachios, heat nuts (whole) in a dry, heavy skillet over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until they're golden brown and they give off a rich, toasty fragrance. ... Stir or toss the pistachios frequently for even toasting. Remove from pan to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy; With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Next, add the Limoncello and lemon extract, beating well. Slowly add dry ingredients; beating on low speed until combined. Add pistachios and zest and mix well.
- For the first baking, turn the dough out onto the middle of one of the baking sheets and pat the dough into a 7" × 15" rectangle. Bake until golden and slightly firm, about 30 minutes then allow to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Remove cooled biscotti from pan; cut diagonally into biscuits about 3/4 inch thick. Place the biscotti on the parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes then turn over and bake for a further 10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
For the lemon drizzle
- Combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice and powdered sugar to a dropping consistency and drizzle over the biscotti.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!