Servings: 6 slices
- 4 oz Butter unsalted, melted
- 4 oz Sugar Superfine
- 2 Egg - large
- 5 oz Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Whole milk
- 4 tbsp Orange marmalade
- 1 tsp Scotch whisky
- Grease a 1.2 litre/2 pint bowl (suitable for the microwave). Sieve together the flour and baking powder. Tip the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder into a food processor and mix to a paste. If you're not using a food processor beat the sugar and butter together in a bowl, then mix in the eggs, baking powder and flour.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, continue to mix and add enough milk for the mixture reach a dropping consistency. (Hold a spoonful of the mixture upside down and it should drop off after a slight pause.)
- Spoon the mixture into the greased bowl. Cover with cling film and microwave on full power for four minutes (or until the sponge begins to shrink from the sides and is springy to the touch).
- Allow the pudding to stand for a few minutes before inverting onto a serving dish or platter.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Scotch whisky into the marmalade and spoon onto the top of the pudding and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!