Servings: 4 peop-le
- 3 ea Pita bread - quartered
- 1/4 ea Red onion - chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs Ground turkey
- 1 pkg Froxen spinach - 10 oz Thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tsp Ras-El-Hanout
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Coriander seed
- 1 lb Carrot sliced thinly on diagonal
- 1/3 cup Cilantro - leaves finely chopped
- Cilantro to garnish
- 1 ea Orange juiced
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat the broiler. Process 2 pita quarters in a food processor to make coarse crumbs. Add the red onion and pulse until finely chopped. Add the turkey, spinach, ras el hanout, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; pulse until combined.
- Shape the mixture into twelve 4-inch-long, 1/2-inch-thick oval patties on a baking sheet. Brush the patties with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil until lightly golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Crush the coriander seeds with the flat side of a knife. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the carrots and coriander and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and orange juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the turkey patties, carrots and the remaining pita quarters among plates. Top the patties with the yogurt and sprinkle the dish with more cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!