For the pastry
- 1 Recipe - Sweet short crust pastry http://tasteofcotswolddowns.com/recipe/food-processor-sweet-short-crust-pastry/
For the mincemeat filling (Unless you really want to make your own)
- 1 Jar Ready made mincemeat, 12 oz or larger
For the oat crumble topping
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 8 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Roll out the sweet shortcrust pastry and line a 12" lightly greased tart tin or dish. Put the lined dish back n the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF.
- Prick the pastry base with a fork then line with baking parchment, add baking beans and blind bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven. Remove the baking beans and parchment and pop back in the oven for a further 3 minutes.
- Put the flour, sugar and butter for the crumble in a bowl. Rub together with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the mincemeat filling into the pastry case and cover with the crumble mix. Bake 30 mins until bubbling at the edges and the topping is a nice golden color.
- Serve warm or cold with custard or heavy cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!