- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 1 Onion, medium chopped
- 1 Carrrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 Apple, tart peeled and chopped
- 1 Celery Stick, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
- 3 ea Whole Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Long grain white rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup Low fat yogurt
- 4 tsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, apple, celery and green pepper and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Blend in the flour and curry powder, stirring continuously for another minute.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, cloves, mace, nutmeg and black pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat back to a simmer then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cloves and discard. Allow the soup to cool for 10 minutes. Use an immersion blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chicken and rice and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with a tablespoon of yogurt and a good sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 130mg | Fiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!