A savory, salty Mediterranean style sun-dried tomato loaf that makes a great sandwich. Enjoy this crusty bread alongside a meal dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 18 oz bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 fl oz olive oil
- 2 tsp fast acting dried yeast
- 9 fl oz water
- 6 oz pitted black olives
- 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add all the ingredients except the olive and the sun-dried tomatoes. Keep the salt and yeast on separate sides until your turn the mixer on.
- With the mixer on slow, knead until the dough is shiny and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and allow to rise, covered for an hour.
- Divide the dough into two and add half of the olives and sun-dried tomatoes into each and knead into the dough.
- Mold both the dough's into rough round shapes and press firmly down. Sprinkle white flour lightly over the top and with a sharp knife make them with a cross in the top.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and leave to rise for one hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 425ºF for 30 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.