This recipe takes full advantage of that time of year when fruit is so readily available. The original recipe from BBC Good Food calls for raspberries but here we have adapted it slightly and used our home grown blackberries.
Servings: 12 slices
- 8 oz Butter unsalted
- 11 oz Soft brown sugar - packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 ea Eggs - large
- 7 oz Self raising flour
- 2 oz Almonds - ground
- 2 ea Peaches - fresh
- 4 oz Fresh blackberries
- Almonds - sliced
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- Preheat an oven to 350º F. Butter a traybake dish, 12" x 8" and line with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan being careful not to let it boil. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then add in the sugar,, eggs and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, ground almonds and 1/4" tsp of salt.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray then layer the peaches evenly over the top of the mixture. Dot the blackberries randomly around and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cover with foil after 40 minutes. When done test with a skewer. It will be soft in the center but will get firmer as it cools.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before removing to a rack to continue cooling. When completely cool, dust with the confectioners sugar and cut into squares to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!