Servings: 2 people
- 8 oz Cooked beetroot cut in chunks or wedges
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 oz Green beans - trimmed
- 5 oz Mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 ea Cucumber Sliced into ribbons with Mandolin.
- 4 oz Goat cheese - halved
- 1/3 cup Chopped walnuts
To cook the beetroot
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Place the beetroot in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and season well Roast for 8-10 mins until sticky.
- While the beets are cooking, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans, cook for 1 min, then drain. Toss in with the beetroot and roast for a further 5 mins.
- Make the dressing by combining the remaining oil and vinegar in a small bowl, and season well. Put the mixed leaves and cucumber in a bowl and toss together with a little dressing.
- Dip both cheese halves in the chopped walnuts so the tops are covered, then pop in the roasting tin with the beetroot and green beans for a few mins, to soften and toast the nuts.
- Pile the salad onto plates and serve with the remaining dressing drizzled over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!