Servings: 1 cup
- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp Simbal oelek
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger - minced
- 1 tsp Soy sauce - low sodium
- 2 tsp Cornstarch - dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients except the cornstarch mixture in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When the sugar is completely dissolved stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir continuously until thickened. Remove from the heat and cool. The mixture will thicken more as it cools.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!