Servings: 2 people
- 2 ea Baking potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ea Onion, chopped
- 1 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz Ground turkey
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Soft brown sugar
- 6 oz Diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Scallion chopped to garnish
- Heat oven to 400 F. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and rub with the olive oil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes
- While the potatoes are baking, make the chilli. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 mins until soft. Add the ground turkey and season again. Increase the heat and break up the mince with the back of your spoon.
- When well cooked through, add the spices, vinegar, sugar and pureed tomatoes. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 mins or until the liquid has reduced.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato and spread open slightly. Spoon in the chili. Serve each potato sprinkled with cheese and scallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!