A tasty tray bake that makes 24 slices to feed a crowd.
Servings: 24 Slices
- 1/2 cup Butter, salted - softened
- 1 cup Soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Egg - large
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dried apricots - chopped
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds - toasted
- 3 tbsp Almonds - sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat at high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract, beating to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Add to butter mixture, beating to combine. Add apricots and toasted almond slices, stirring to blend. Spread batter into prepared pan, smoothing with a spatula to create a level surface. Sprinkle raw almond slices on top.
- Bake until blondie edges are golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. (Don’t overbake or blondie will become hard). Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove blondie from pan and aluminum foil. If desired, trim and discard edges of blondie. Cut blondie into 24 squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!