Servings: 12 pieces
- 8 oz Self raising flour
- 1 oz Rolled oats
- 9 oz Soft brown sugar
- 7 oz Butter Cold and cut into pieces
- 2.5 oz Dessicated coconut
- 2 ea Eggs Beaten
- 12 oz Fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Add the flour, oats and sugar to a large bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips to create a coarse mixture with only pea sized pieces of butter remaining. Mix in the coconut. Fill a cup with the mixture and set aside.
- Stir in the beaten eggs then spread the mixture evenly across a 13" by 7" parchment lined baking tin. An 8" square baking tin will work also. Smooth the mixture using the back of a spoon then scatter the blackberries over. Scatter the cup of mixture over the top.
- bake for 1 hr until golden and cooked through (if you poke a skewer in, it should come out with moist crumbs but no wet mixture). Recommend checking it at the 50 minute mark. Leave to cool, then remove from the tin and cut into squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!