- 4 oz Butter unsalted
- 4 oz Sugar Superfine
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 ea Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean extract
- 4 oz Self raising flour
- 6 oz Rolled oats
- 8 oz Fresh blackberries
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the honey, eggs and vanilla bean extract nd mix well.
- Add in the flour and oats and mix well together.
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350ºF convect/fan
- Spread half of the oat mixture into the pan and smooth out.
- In a small bowl, mash half of the blackberries to a pulp and spoon over the oat mixture, evening it out.
- Layer the remaining half of the oat mixture over the blackberry pulp.
- Place the whole blackberries evenly distributed over the top, pressing them down slightly into the mix.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes then check with a skewer to confirm it is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool and slice into squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!