- 1 ea Celery Stick, sliced
- 1 ea Carrot, sliced
- 1 ea Onion, chopped
- 4 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato paste, 6 oz
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Thyme, dried
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1 tbsp Gravy browning
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the celery, carrot and onion and cook stirring occasionally until the carrot begins to soften.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the ground beef is well browned with no more pink.
- Add the tomato paste and the cup of water. Cook until well blended then add the tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes
- Add the wine and the gravy browning and mix well.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!