Servings: 4 Servings
- 8.5 oz Whole milk
- 10 oz Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 ea Eggs
- 1 ea Egg yolk
- 3 tbsp Sugar Superfine
- 8 Sl White day old crusty bread
- 4 tbsp Butter, salted
- 3 oz Golden raisins Use dried fruit of your choice
- 1 oz Scotch whisky
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- Mix the dried fruit with the lemon zest and soak with the Scotch whisky.
- Heat the milk, cream and in a saucepan to close to boiling point. (Do not let it boil).
- While heating the milk mixture whisk the eggs and yolk with the 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Slowly pour the warm milk mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly until smooth. Add the vanilla essence.
- Lightly butter an ovenproof casserole about 10 inches by 8 inches.
- Cut the crusts from the bread slices. Butter both sides of the bread and cut into triangles. Lay half of the triangles in the bottom of the dish so they overlap.
- Sprinkle half of the fruit over the bread then layer the remaining bread slices Sprinkle the remaining fruit over the bread.
- Pour the custard over the pudding and allow to soak for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat oven to 350ºF
- Sprinkle the pudding with the turbinado sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and puffed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!