For the chicken breasts
- 3 ea Chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
For the filling
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Spinach - chopped
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF with a rack in the center.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic with a fork. Stir in the mozzarella, parmesan and chopped spinach. Mix well.
- With the chicken on a flat surface cut a pocket sideways about 3/4 through the chicken breast. Stuff each chicken breast with 1/3 of the mixture and pin it closed with a toothpick. The chicken breasts need to still be able to lay flat for searing.
- Sesaon the chicken breasts thoroughly with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- In an ovenproof heavy skillet heat theolive oil. Add the chicken and sear both sides to a nice brown color, about 4 minutes per side.
- Flip the chicken one more time and trasnfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometerreads 165ºF. Rest the chicken breasts for 5 minutes before slicing. Spoon some pan juices over the chicken to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!