Servings: 4 people
- 18 oz Parsnips, peeled
- 12 oz Potatoes peeled and in bite sized pieces
- 18 oz Chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 ea Leeks, sliced
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Chop the parsnips and potatoes into chunks, then boil for 15 mins until tender. Drain, reserving the water, then mash with a little seasoning.
- Cut chicken into small chunks, then toss in the cornflour. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leeks, then fry for 3 mins until starting to soften. Add the chicken and 7 oz of water from the potatoes, then bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat, then gently simmer for 10 mins, until the chicken is just tender. Remove from the heat, then stir in the lemon zest, parsley, crème fraîche and mustard.
- Divide the chicken filling between four 12 oz pie dishes. Spoon over the mash and spread roughly with a fork to seal in the filling. Bake for 25 mins until the topping is crisp and golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!