This dish is a definite go-to favorite when the grandkids visit. It can be made easily in batches and frozen for later use, making an easy meal to pull together when short of time.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken, cooked, cubed
- 4 oz Mushrooms - canned
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 can Milk 2%
- 8 ea Frozen vol-au-vent cases
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 425ºF. Remove 8 frozen Vol-au-vent cases from the package and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Slice the button mushrooms and saute briefly in the butter.
- Add the can of soup plus a half can of milk, stirring well to mix with the mushrooms as the mixture heats through.
- When the oven is up to temperature, place the frozen vol-au-vent cases on a baking sheet and bake for the time on the packet.
- When the soup and mushroom reach a simmer, add the cooked chicken and give it all a good stir. When the mixture is thoroughly heated, remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the vol-au-vent cases from the oven. Plate up by first flipping the tops off the pastry and filling the cases with a good ladle of the chicken and mushroom mixture then pop the top back on. Serve with a side vegetable of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!