- 8 oz Linguine
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 ea Shallots Chopped
- 4 ea Garlic cloves Minced
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Clam juice
- 14 oz Diced tomatoes Canned
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 oz Littleneck Clams
- 16 oz Mussels
- 10 ea Large shrimp Peeled
- 8 oz Scallops
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley
- 20 ea Basil leaves
- Crusty bread
- Bring the pasta pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook al dente.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Saute the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes for 3 minutes, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Heat a saute pan with a couple of tablespoons of butter.
- Sear the scallops, turning just once to give them a nice color. Remove from the pan and set aside when done.
- To the large skillet, add the white wine and the clam juice. Reduce for about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat then add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a steady simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the clams and mussels. Cover the pan and steam for about 5 minutes, until the shells have opened. Discard any that do not open.
- Add the shrimp and the scallops and cook until the shrimp just turn pink.
- Toss in the parsley and basil. Check the seasonings and adjust if necessary.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce to the linguine and serve in bowls with the seafood on top and the crusty bread on the side to mop up all the flavor in the sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One Comment Hide Comments