Servings: 8 people
For the pastry
- 250 g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 130 g Butter, cubed & cold
- 10 ml Water - Ice cold
For the Gooseberry compote
- 270 g Gooseberries
- 70 g Honey Manuka recommended
For the Frangipane
- 100 g Butter, softened
- 135 g Almonds - sliced
- 115 g Pistachios - shelled
- 50 g Coconut sugar
- 50 g Dates - chopped
- 3 ea Eggs - beaten
- 2 g Turmeric - fresh
- Creme Fraiche
For the pastry
- Sift the flour and salt together in a bowl, then place half thr flour and the butter in the food processor and pulse a few times until it feel like bead crumbs.
- Add the remaining flour and water and pulse until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Trun the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface Working quickly, bring the dough together to form a ball, taking care not to overwork it or it will become tough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When chilled, roll the dough out and use it to line a 28cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Refrigerate again for 5 minutes, then remove from the fridge and line with tin foil. Fill with baking beads then blind bake at 355ºF until lightly golden
To make the compote
- Heat the gooseberries and honey over a medium heat for about 5 minutes. You want thegooseberries to soften but still look like gooseberries
To make the frangipane
- Place all the frangipane ingredients int the food processor and pulse until well blended and the nuts are finely chopped.
- Scrape the frangipane into the baked tart shell and smooth out.
- Spread the gooseberries over the frangipane and press down lightly. Reserve the compote liquid for serving.
- Bake at 355ºF for 30 minutes.
Recipe source: Greatbritishchefs.com - Anna Hansen
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!