Hiker Bars keep for weeks. They are irresistibly chewy, fruity and the kind of thing that you can pack it into a tote or rucksack and take with you for that extra energy boost.
- 6 oz Butter unsalted
- 9 oz Turbinado sugar
- 2 ea Egg - large
- 6 oz All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 6 oz ,Currants, Dried
- 6 oz Golden raisins
- 2 oz Granulated sugar
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray about 8" x 12" and1 1/2" deep with baking parchment.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix together.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, add to the mixture.
- Now add the dried fruits, mix gently together and pour into the prepared tin. Even out with a spatula or palette knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and press down the edges with a dough scraper or palette knife then return to the oven.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes, pressing down again when you take it out to get a nice even result.
- Sprinkle with sugar, leave to cool completely before cutting into bars
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!