Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb Potatoes peeled and in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea Onion, small chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Kielbasa sliced thinly
- 1/2 ea Green Cabbage head sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp Water
- Peel and chop the potatoes, rinse the potatoes and place them in a medium-size glass bowl. Sprinkle the potatoes with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper, stir or toss with your hands. Microwave the potatoes for 4 minutes, stir and microwave an additional 2-4 minutes until fork tender
- While the potatoes are cooking, warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and as soon as it’s shimmering, add the onions. Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is barely tender and lightly browned. Add the garlic and the kielbasa.
- Cook while stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes. When the potatoes are tender, add them to the skillet. Toss to coat, adding a small additional drizzle of oil only if needed. Spread the potatoes across the pan and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes, stir and continue cooking until lightly browned.
- Add the cabbage and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to combine, add 2 tablespoons water to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover with lid. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the cabbage is bright green and barely wilted. Taste and add additional salt, only if needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!