Servings: 2 people
- 2 ea Chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 3 ea Scallions - sliced
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds - toasted
- 1 pn Black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pn Salt
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dark sesame oil
- 1/2 Limes, juiced
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger - minced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro - leaves finely chopped
- 1 ea Red Chili Pepper - fresh - seeds removed
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ea English cucumber
- 1 ea Tomato - peeled and chopped
- 1/4 ea Red onion - sliced onion
- 1/4 cup Cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 ttbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ea Scallions - sliced
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts diagonally into 1/2 inch strips. Place in the marinade and gently mix. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare the cucumber relish. Peel the cucumber and slice in half lengthways, then finely slice into thin strips with a mandolin to keep the strips thin and uniform.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes, and finely slice the onion.
- Mix all the relish ingredients together in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat a wok or ridged pan over a medium heat until hot. Quickly sear the chicken in olive oil until it takes on a nice rich golden color.
- Transfer the chicken strips to a baking tray and bake in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and season with salt and ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Spoon the relish onto plates along with the chicken strips as shown and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!