Servings: 8 people
- 4 cups Brioche bread - 1 inch dice
- 6 tbsp Butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps Cinnamon - divided
- 1 tsp Water
- 4 cups Pears - 3/4 inch dice
- 4 ea Eggs - large
- 6 oz Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Toffee chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread diced bread on a lined baking sheet and toast in oven for 10–12 minutes until just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Reduce oven heat to 325°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and toss with the toasted bread, 2 tablespoons of sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan and add ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon water. Cook on medium-high until sugar has caramelized to a medium brown.
- Add the pears and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and toss. The caramel will solidify on the pears. Continue to sauté to dissolve caramel and caramelize the pears, 8–10 minutes. When the pears are well caramelized and tender, add to the toasted bread mixture and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, brown sugar, vanilla and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Pour over the bread and pear mixture and stir to combine. Let soak for 15 minutes.
- old in ½ cup of toffee chips. Transfer bread mixture to a 6x9-inch baking dish and bake at 325°F for 35–45 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 150°F. Sprinkle remaining toffee chips over the top of the bread pudding and continue to cook to an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!