- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea Onion, chopped
- 1 ea Carrot - choppedt
- 4 oz Pancetta - chopped
- 1 ea Garlic cloves
- 1 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 can Diced tomatoes - 15 oz
- 1 lb Frozen spinach - defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 can Cannelloni Beans - 15 oz
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1 ea Bay leaf
- 1 ea Parmesan rind - 3 inches
- 4-6 Ciabatta rolls - halved lengthwise
- Grated parmesan cheese - to serve
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, pancetta, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until the onion begins to brown and the pancetta is crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until dissolved. Add the tomatoes and with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot to release any brown bits..
- Add the spinach, beans, herbs, stock, bay leaf and the parmesan rind. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Brush the ciabatta roll halves with a little olive oil and toast until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and rub the tops with the garlic clove.
- Place the toasts in the serving bowls and pour the soup over. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!