- Roasting Dish
- 4 ea Baking potatoes About 2 lbs
- 3 cups Malt vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F
- Peel the potatoes and slice in half lengthways. On the cutting board place the potato cut side down and place a wooden spoon handle along each side to make cutting easier. You don't awnt to cut all the way through. Cut down, making evenly spaced thin slices, just under 1/4 inch thick.
- Put the vinegar and 2 tbsp of salt in a large saucepan. Add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. When just tender, drain and transfer to the baking dish, flat side down.
- Drizzle with the olive oil being sure to brush it into the gaps and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. They should be golden and slightly crisp. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil if needed to get that nice golden color.
- Remove the potatoes to a serving plater and sprinkle with the sea salt flakes.