Servings: 6 people
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinch Thyme, dried
- 1 pinch Rosemary, dried
- 1 pinch Parsley, dried
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Beef stock
- 1 1/4 cups Frozen peas, corn and carrots Diced
- 4 cups Potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place a sheet pan on the bottom shelf as a drip catcher.
- Place a 12" cast iron skillet over medium high heat then add ground beef and onion. Season with saltstir to combine. Sprinkle in flour then stir, to combine an and pepper and cook until the beef is browned. Add garlic and dried herbs then saute for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce then stir in well. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add in the beef broth stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Continue stirring until mixture has thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Test for seasonings and add if needed. Remove skillet from heat then stir in frozen vegetables.
- Add the garlic salt to the melted butter and set aside.
- Gently ladle the mashed potatoes on top of meat and vegetables then spread into an even layer with a fork. Brush or drizzle the garlic butter on top of the potatoes. Fluff the top of the potato with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the dish begins to bubble then broil under a high setting broiler to lightly brown the top. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!