- 1 tbsp Wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Soy sauce - low sodium
- 4 ea Salmon fillets
- 1 tsp Emeril Essence
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- Orange Ginger sauce See below
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds - toaster
- Long grain white rice, cooked - to serve
Orange Ginger Sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger - minced
- 1 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce - low sodium
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- Place the wasabi in a small bowl. Slowly add in the water, whisking, to make a paste. Add the vinegar and soy, and whisk well. Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and coat evenly on both sides with the wasabi mixture. Season lightly with the Essence.
- Place the panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Turn both sides of the fillets in the crumbs to coat evenly, pressing to make the crumbs adhere. Set on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fish. Divide among 4 serving plates, drizzle with the Orange-Ginger Sauce, and dust with the seeds. Serve immediately with steamed rice, and pass the remaining sauce at the table.
To Make the Orange Ginger Sauce
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced ginger, garlic, and orange zest and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Stir in the orange juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir the water and cornstarch together until fully dissolved and pour it into the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!