A great make-ahead for holiday snacking with those hot drinks in front of a fire.
Servings: 24 Pieces
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs - large
- 2 tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Almonds - chocolate covered
- 2 oz White Chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Continue beating with a hand mixer until very light and fluffy. about 5 minutes on medium-high speed. Next beat in the eggs, the Disaronno Amaretto plus both the almond and vanilla extracts.
- With the mixer speed on low, add the flour mixture to the liquids and beat until just incorporated. Fold in the raw and chocolate-covered almonds.
- Flour your hands and dust the dough with flour; divide it in half and form into two 3-by-12-inch logs on the prepared baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed and set, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet, before moving to a cutting board. While they are cooling, reduce the oven temperature to 250ºF for the next step.
- Slice the logs crosswise on the diagonal into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices cut-side down on the baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake, flipping halfway through, until dry and golden, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Put the chopped white chocolate and chopped semisweet chocolate in 2 small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted. Drizzle on the biscotti and let them set 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!