Servings: 8 servings
- 8 ea Chicken thighs - bone in and skin on
- 2 ea Sweet onion - 1/4" thick half rounds
- 8 ea Potatoes - Skin on - 1/4" half rounds
- 6 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Black olives - pitted and halved
- 10 ea Pepperoncini peppers
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese - crumbled
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sea salt Divided
- 1 1/3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 ea Lemon - sliced
- 1 1/3 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Preheat a deep sided sheet pan
- Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper towel. Rub both sides of the chicken thighs with 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil to the heated sheet pan. Add the chicken to the sheet pan skin side down.
- . The skin should be crispy and browning. Turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Toss the minced garlic with a little olive oil to make a paste. Toss the garlic paste with the onions and potatoes in an oven safe casserole. Sprinkle with e dried oregano and toss once more.
- Add the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables then sprinkle the tomatoes, olives, pepperoncini abd feta being sure not to get them on top of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes on the top rack. Rotate the cassereole at the half way point to be sure everything is cooking evenly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh parsley. Serve with a side salad or crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!