Healthy eating with this Mediterranean steak salad with herbed yogurt dressing.
Servings: 4 people
Fpr the salad bowls
- 1 lb Sirloin steak
- 10 oz Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Red onion - 1 inch chunks
- 1 Romaine lettuce
- 1 Cucumbers - coarse chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives - sliced
- 1 cup Hummus
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese - crumbled
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Mint - leaves picked
For the Dressing
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Mint - leaves picked and chopped
For the dressing
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Store in the refrigerator until needed.
For the salad bowls
- Preheat the grill to 450F.
- Dry the streak and season well with salt and pepper.
- Thread the cherry tomatoes and red onion chunks onto skewer. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is ready, add the steak and toamtoe/onion skewers. Grill the vegetables turning occassionally for 5-8 minutes until the onions begin to soften and the tomatoes start to blister. Remove the vegetable skewers and set aside to keep warm.
- Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or a minute longer per side for medium.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and tent it with foil for 10 minutes. Slice the steak thinly against the grain.
- While the seatk is resting divide the chopped romaine lettuce between 4 serving plates. Top with the sliced steak, the grilled vegetables. Top with1/4 cup of hummus per plate, chopped cucumber chunks, olive and feta cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle with the herbed yogurt dressing. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!