Servings: 8 people
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken breast, skinless and boneless - cut into cubes.
- 1 ea Onion, chopped
- 4 ea Carrot, diced
- 4 ea Celery, small dice
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Peas. frozen
- Black Pepper
- Combine the vegetables, salt, and chicken in the slow cooker. Place the chicken, onion, carrots, celery, and salt in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Coat the chicken mixture with flour. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Add the broth and cook on low for 8 hours. Slowly pour the broth over the chicken mixture. Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 8 hours.
- Add the cream and peas and serve. When you uncover the slow cooker, it might look as though the flour has separated or the broth is cloudy. Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken and carrots are tender. Add the cream and frozen peas and stir to combine. Cover again and let them heat through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!