My favorite dish when I can get it is Sirloin Tips. They are so tasty and tender when marinaded.
Servings: 6 people
For the Kebabs
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef sirloin tips Cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ea Bell pepper - 1 inch chunks
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms or baby bella
- 1 ea Red onion - 1 inch chunks
For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce - low sodium
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Rosemary - fresh chopped fine
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside 2 tablespoons.
- Pat the meat dry and place in a resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade. Seal,pushing out as much air as possible.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours
- About 30 minutes before grilling, toss the vegetables in the reserved marinade. Remove the meat from the refrigerator to come to room temperature.
For the charcoal grill
- Clean and oil the grates. Light a chimney with enough charcoal to cover half of the grill (Fill the charcoal chimney ¾ full). When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface. Set the clean and oiled cooking grate in place, cover the grill, and allow to preheat for about 5 minutes.
- emove the steak from the marinade and wipe off any excess marinade with paper towels. Assemble the kebabs by threading the steak, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers onto skewers alternating as you go. Aim for 4 to 5 pieces of steak per kabob.
- Place the kebabs directly on the grill grates and cook until all sides are well seared, 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature of the beef registers 125ºF – 130°F for medium-rare when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from the grill and transfer to a platter or cutting board. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!