Great way to use a glut of blackberries in late summer.
Servings: 16 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 ea Eggs - large
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 8 tbsp Butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tsp Milk 2%
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place a rack in the center of the oven. Butter the holes in 2 standard size muffin pans.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, Baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, sour cream, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold all together. Do not expect a smooth batter, rather a wet slightly lumpy dough.
- Add the berries. If using frozen, drain excess liquid away and toss them with a little flour.
- Divide the mixture between 16 muffin cups, filling to about 3/4 full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before removing the muffins to a cooling rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!