Colder days are coming so break out the bread pudding for dessert.
Servings: 9 people
- 500 gm White day old crusty bread
- 500 gm Dried fruit Mix of Raisins, Golden raisins (Sultanas)
- 85 gm Mixed peel
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mixed spice
- 600 ml Milk
- 2 ea Eggs - large beaten
- 140 gm Muscovado sugar
- 1 Lemon zest
- 100 gm Butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- Tear the bread into chunks and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the dried fruit, mixed peel and mixed spice and toss all together.
- Pour the milk over the bread and with your fingers, mush it all together so everything is well combined
- Add the beaten eggs, muscovado sugar and lemon zest. Combine again with fingers then set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Butter and line a 9" x 9" glass baking dish.
- Stir the melted butter into the pudding mixture, tip into the tin, then scatter with turbinado sugar..
- Bake for 1½ hrs until firm and golden, covering with foil if it starts to brown too much. Turn out of the baking dish and strip off the paper. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!